Laugh Off the Swine Flu With This Shirt

Swine Flu Shirt

I like topical tees, especially when they’re well done. I’m also liking the punnage of this shirt–the pun had to be made, and I’m glad it was executed well in its making. It’s also a nice touch with the Mexican flag. So yeah, if you’re looking to shake off the Swine Flu fears, you should grab this shirt. It’s printed on the awesomely comfortable Alternative Apparel Vintage Soft blank and will run you $17.99 at Retro Plus Apparel.

468

12 Comments »

• Hah! I had this same idea today. I knew this shirt was coming!

Comment by Josh — April 29, 2009 @ 11:11 PM

• This really isn’t funny at all. Hundreds are dying from this, hundreds more are infected, and if it can’t be kept under control it may spread further.

This is like creating a 9/11 humor shirt on 9/12.

“Too soon” cannot aptly describe this enough.

How jaded has our society become that we’d rather crack jokes about something new and devastating as opposed to maybe selling a t-shirt with the proceeds going to help aid those affected by this new virus?

Needless to say I won’t be coming back to this blog. Just about every other blog out there gives the same crap coupons you do. Good riddance.

Comment by Sammy — April 30, 2009 @ 5:25 PM

• I actually considered this before posting, although I disagree about your analogy to 9/11.

I viewed this more at poking fun at the decision to call it swine flu–a decision which I believe has since been changed, it’s H1N1 Flu or something now.

I’m sorry you disagree, I just don’t think this is anything nearly so severe as mocking 9/11 on 9/12.

Comment by Colin — April 30, 2009 @ 8:17 PM

• ok well, so this is the deal, i get the worse allergies….. the worse… I’m from Jackson height Queens NY (mad mexicans) I’m taking the train, rush hour pack Hay dios mio, i’m sweating and sweating, my eyer red, like blunt to the head red…. everybody panics !! like for real panic ……. i think i’m buying the shirt wait NO…. nah yea yeah ……. yeap

Comment by 8AM — May 1, 2009 @ 2:04 AM

• Just like chupa cabras to cover information from Mexican goverment if you can see the news in TV in Mexico, all day it’s the same shit… but behind all about this.. senators said yes to legalizing drugs, and more

Comment by It's just a another lier — May 2, 2009 @ 2:11 AM

• hundreds have died? more like one.

swine flu is just like bird flu, and EVERYONE was cracking jokes about that.

if you compare a flu to 9/11 i think you’d have more people mad at you than the shirt.

Comment by face — May 2, 2009 @ 3:47 PM

• Love the shirt. Great artistry. I made a “hamthrax” shirt but my artistic ability is lacking. :)

Comment by David Oranchak — May 3, 2009 @ 12:23 PM

• “hundreds have died? more like one. ”

Only if you live in a box called America.

Try looking outside of your first world country when you’re not busy buying hipster t-shirts on daddy’s credit card.

Comment by Sammy — May 7, 2009 @ 1:08 AM

• Great shirt! nice to see that some people still have a sense of humor :)

Comment by Billishirts.com — May 8, 2009 @ 9:45 PM

• I made this shirt with the intentions of helping as well as making light of the situation.
    Not to toot my own horn, but the best play on words, best color and supporting a good cause!

Comment by jason — May 20, 2009 @ 10:56 PM

• Wow, you guys talking about how devastating this flu is, lets put things in perspective. The REGULAR flu kills 20,000-40,000 a year. The swine flu has KILLED, not infected, but KILLED about 500-1,000 so far. The f*cking joke should be how easily the media can cause mass panic over something that wasn’t a terribly big deal to begin with, it was a new virus, thats all, and blew up into something retarded to bitch about. You know what’s funny? These people posting in April and what not, have probably already forgotten about it by now, funny how that works. cough *SARS* cough.

Comment by doomncandy — July 28, 2009 @ 2:34 AM

• I saw a girl wearing one of these in London yesterday. I asked her where she got it from and told me that it was her friends design. Check him out on: http://www.giveadogaboner.com

Love the one about wine flu!

Comment by Dave Jones — July 29, 2009 @ 12:47 PM