Yesterday, March 17th, was troundup’s fourth birthday. That’s a long time…I started blogging about t-shirts back in 2007 when I was 16 and now I’m 20. I’ve had troundup for ~20% of my lifespan. That’s kinda cool, eh?
Over troundup’s four years, I’ve written 672 posts, for an average of .46 posts a day. I can do better than that I think, but that’s still a lot of posts (I’d like to think so at least).
According to Wikipedia, here are some other things that happened in 2007 (when troundup started):
- April 14 – Retired chess champion Garry Kasparov is detained in Moscow for participating in a banned march.
- June 1 – A 2,100-year-old melon is discovered by archaeologists in western Japan
- September 14 – The SELENE spacecraft launches. JAXA has called the mission, “the largest lunar mission since the Apollo program.”
- October 24 – In the space of a few hours, Comet Holmes develops a coma and flares up to half a million times its former brightness, becoming visible to the naked eye. Its coma later becomes larger in volume than the Sun, making it the second comet to do so in 2007 after Comet McNaught.
- December 19 – Vladimir Putin, President of Russia, is announced as Time magazine’s 2007 Person of the Year.
Remember when all that happened? It seems like a million years ago (especially the melon…).
Anyway, I’d just like to thank everyone for reading, and I hope you will still be reading when troundup’s fifth birthday rolls around.